PLEASE SCHEDULE THE DATE TO JOIN A WEB SEMINAR SERIES ON MANAGING VOLATILITY IN AGRICULTURE.
A hard hitting, applied, Web Seminar series on Managing Volatility in Agriculture will be held December 8,9,15, and 16. The four, one hour, interactive segments, will be kicked off on December 8 with presentations on the short and long term pressures creating volatility, and a discussion on how and why producers should approach their businesses to manage the sharp ups and downs much of American Agriculture is experiencing.Each one hour presentation consists of:
- Two leaders with knowledge and experience as presenters
- An outline of the issues to be discussed
- Identifying tools that producers can use in their decision making
- Time for interaction with presenters on each segment.
Details on the program including speakers and how to join the web seminar will follow in two weeks. If you want to make sure you don’t miss the next announcement, please send an email to, email@example.com, with a simple statement, “Let me Know”.Seminar Segments: (Each segment starts at 9 AM Pacific)
- December 8: Volatility in American Agriculture; Causes, Insights, and Management Principles
- December 9: Volatility and the Livestock Industry
- December 15: Volatility and Grains
- December 16: Volatility and Fresh Fruits and Vegetables (tools with an emphasis on food safety)
The Web Seminar series is organized and produced by the award winning Western Extension Committee’s Ag in Uncertain Times Team:Duane Griffith, Montana State University
John Hewlett, University of Wyoming
Trent Teegerstrom, University of Arizona
Ramiro Lobo, University of California Extension
Jeffery Tranel, Colorado State University
John Nelson, Washington State University Extension
and Jon Newkirk, Extension Economist and Western Center Director
Washington State University Extension
Western Center for Risk Management Education
222 N Havana
Spokane, WA 99202
You must log in to post a comment.